This is another delicious and popular mushroom. This mushroom has a lot of look alike. So it’s important to know the real morels mushroom. Here are a few easy steps to identify them.
- Growing habitant: These mushrooms usually grow near ash, elm and apple trees.
- Growing time: These mushrooms usually grow on spring time. They usually fruit from February to June.
- Cap: The cap is longer than the stem. It’s covered in pits and ridges. It’s often times longer than the stem. It’s also attached directly to the stem.
- Spore: The spore is usually light, cream to light yellow color.
- Inside: Once sliced the inside is hollow.